Sunday, May 19, 2013

Offending a Spider

Here's something I drew awhile back but it was too big and my scanner had a mental breakdown. I made it a bit smaller and scan-worthy. About a year or so ago at work, I was opening up the building and was on my way down the hall when I spotted a spider that appeared to be dead. To me, the spider was big enough, but I thought I'd throw it out in nature where it belongs. I picked up a scrap piece of paper and a styrofoam cup and started to scoop it into the cup. Then the spider, who was either sleeping or playing possum, started to move. I panicked, but quickly scooped him up, ran to the door and threw him outside. I hope he survived. Anyway, I marveled at the size of the spider, even though I know that there are much bigger ones out there. 

Here's the idea that made me draw:




No comments: